Visit Homepage for interesting activities

Approach Govt With Grievance

Grievance redress by Government of India…

Citizens have a right to get their grievances attended to by the Government. Keeping this in view, Government of India has tasked Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAR & PG) to receive grievances and get the same resolved expeditiously.

The Department has set up an online ‘Portal for Public Grievances’ wherein any citizen can submit the grievance, as explained in Resources below. Grievance can also be posted or hand-delivered to the Department at Sardar Patel Bhawan,  Sansad Marg, New Delhi 110001. Both offline and online submissions are acknowledged by the Department.

Grievance may relate to any complaint or deficiency in delivery of service concerning Ministries or Departments of Central Government or State Governments.  After scrutiny of the complaint, DAR & PG forwards the grievance to the concerned officer, whose name and address is informed to the aggrieved citizen. All complaints are to be resolved within a period of 60 days.

Grievance redress by State Governments…

Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Chattisgarh and Haryana State Governments also have a grievance redressal mechanism in place and relevant details can be seen below in Resources. Other State Governments are actively working in this direction and are expected to set up formal online mechanisms.

Statutory organisations like SEBI and RBI have set up mechanisms like SCORES and Banking Ombudsmen to address complaints pertaining to securities and banking respectively.

Submit Feedback   

A. Govt of India's Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS)

This portal is by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances, Government of India. Through this platform citizens can present their grievances against Central or State Governments as well as Govenment Organisations.

B. MyGov: Govt of India's Portal for Citizens' Participation in Governance

This portal is an initiative of the Hon’ble PM for involving citizens in governance. After registration, you can join a max of 4 discussion groups and submit your opinion, views and suggestions on Govt’s policies, programs and schemes. You may also volunteer to perform tasks listed under each group.

C. Grievances Against Misleading Advertisements (GAMA)

This portal has been set up by Dept of Consumer Affairs, Govt of India. You can register complaints about misleading advertisements in 6 sectors: Food & Agriculture, Health, Education, Real Estate, Transport and Financial Services. Consumers will be informed of action taken,.

D. Banking Ombudsmen Appointed by RBI

If you have a complaint againt any Bank (Public Sector, Private Sector, Co-op Banks), approach the concerned Bank's grievance cell or lodge a complaint with their toll-free helpline or website. If the Bank does not address your complaint within a month, you can approach the banking ombudsmen who are appointed by the Reserve Bank of India and are based in every State capital.

E. SCORES: SEBI Complaints Redress System

In the event of a complaint (issue and trasnfer of securities, non-payment of dividend etc) against a listed company or an intermediary registered with SEBI, in the first instance such complaint should be lodged with the the concerned company or intermediary. In case of unsatisfactory response, you can get the complaint redressed by submitting it online. Subsequently status can be viewed online.

F. Aaple Sarkar : Maharashtra Govt's Grievance Redressal Portal

Being a newly launched initiative, grievances pertaining to Mantralaya departments can only be submitted at the moment. The grievance can also be tracked through a tracking number. You can also make suggestions on the working of the government and also comment on drafts of proposed laws and policies.

G. Chattisgarh Govt's Online Grievance Redressal Tracking System (OGRTS)

Register the grievance through the online form or on call centre number 1100. The grievance will be automatically forwarded to the concerned officer in Chattisgarh Government. Action will be taken within the time limits set in citizen's charter and can be ascertained by logging-in to the portal or from call centre.

H. Submit Online Petition to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Special Cell

Chief Minister’s Specal Cell has been formed to hear grievances of citizens and give remedy to complainants. The petitions are forwarded to the appropriate Departments and responses are fed into the online monitoring system. First of all register yourself as new user and thereafter access the ‘Lodge Your Grievance’ link.

I. Kerala Chief Minister's Public Grievance Complaint Form

Through this form submit your complaint concerning any Govt of Kerala's Department to the Kerala Chief Minister's Public Grievance Redressal Cell. These complaints will be sent to the officers concerned for necessary action. Alternatively, complaint can also be made verbally to their Call Centre by calling the toll-free number 1076.

J. Delhi Govt's Public Grievances Commission

The Public Grievances Commission is tasked with effective redressal of grievances received from members of the public. Grievances / complaints can be made against the different departments of the Government of the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi, its local bodies, undertakings / other organizations, owned or substantially financed by the Government of Delhi. Delhi Police has also been brought under the Commission.

K. Harsamadhan: Haryana Govt's Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System

On online submission of grievance, a SMS will be sent informing the unique registration number for the grievance. Nodal officers have been appointed to attend to the grievances.

L. Public Grievance Redressal System of Election Commission of India

Complaints can be made in connection with (a) Voter lists and voter ID cards (b) Wrong entries in electoral rolls (c) Violations in campaigning rules or model code of conduct (d) Lack of performance or poor performance of election officials (e) Activities of political parties and candidates which violate the law etc.

Comments & Reviews